Inside Sales Representative
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Sales, the Internal Sales Representative is a sales and service consultant responsible for establishing and maintaining productive, long term relationships with Prefera’s dealer partners while focusing on business development.
▪ The Internal Sales Representative will achieve targeted volume production by providing exceptional service on a transactional basis and coordinating with the Director of Sales to maximize opportunities.
▪ Follow up on and provide dealer support for approvals issued to dealers and effectively convey the dealer and consumer benefits of Prefera’s program to the dealer.
▪ Liaise with the credit department and funding department to resolve any dealer concerns regarding individual transactions or any other relationship or service issues.
▪ Design and implement a dealer contact cycle that ensures contact is made with each dealer within a specified period, is coordinated with the external Area Manager and is flexible to provide increased frequency for targeted dealer accounts.
▪ Gather and maintain in Prefera’s CRM, intimate market intelligence for each dealer with regards to primary contacts, sales volumes, competitive preferences and other pertinent relationship data. Monitor and look to increase Prefera’s registered dealer penetration by maintaining accurate prospect and registered dealer information in Prefera’s CRM and by using targeted phone sales techniques.
▪ Monitor and look to increase Prefera’s submitting and funding dealer penetration through focused phone activity on targeted accounts.
▪ Provide exceptional and expedient service when called upon by dealer partners for any reason including dealer complaints or dealer issues.
▪ Help prepare, validate and finalize new dealer sign up information as well as update any changes to current dealer’s information.
▪ Effectively communicate Prefera’s competitive advantages on a transactional and broad basis to ensure proper product positioning within dealerships. Communicate product and service changes, promotions and other Prefera information to dealer network in a timely and effective manner.
▪ Develop and maintain strong knowledge of Prefera’s Credit & Funding policies and use the information to help communicate decision and policy info to dealer customers. Develop a close and positive working relationship with the Credit and Funding teams to enhance the combined service offering to Prefera’s dealer customers and to assist in credit decisioning and funding processes.
▪ Prioritize and multi-task effectively within a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
▪ Contribute to a positive work environment.
(Note: The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
▪ Post-Secondary Education (University Degree or College Diploma)
▪ 1-2 years working in the retail or indirect financial industry
▪ 1-2 years customer facing sales experience (in person or on the phone)
▪ Positive attitude, honesty and strong work ethics are a must
▪ Excellent communication and presentation skills
▪ Demonstrated ability to be analytical and detail oriented
▪ Familiarity with recreational product market is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
▪ Strong interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and decision-making skills.
▪ Extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize work in response to requests and inquiries.
▪ Ability to work independently and make decisions / problem solve based on sound judgement.
▪ Demonstrated communication skills with ability to interact with peers, management, and other departments in a professional manner.
▪ Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and company software systems.
▪ Works indoors in adequate work space, with adequate temperature, ventilation and lighting.
▪ Normal exposure to noise, stress and disruptions.
▪ Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods throughout the workday, with intermittent periods of standing, walking to carry out essential duties of the job.
▪ Ability to communicate through the telephone as a main point of contact with dealer partners.
▪ Willingness to travel to visit dealers.
▪ Standard 37.5-hour workweek.