To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales Job Details
We are hiring for a Solution Engineering Public Sector Leadership position.
The Solution Engineering (SE) Manager will work closely with Regional Sales VPs to drive the solution sell with our customers. To achieve this, they will understand the accounts sales opportunities in order to develop an understanding of requirements for presenting and demonstrating Salesforce leading capabilities for government and Public Sector customers.
You will manage Solution Engineering resources allocate resources, perform employee reviews and evaluations, participate in strategic deals and back up team members as needed to grow the business. The SE Manager may be a player-coach, actively working with their team members to solve difficult problems, and coordinating corporate or external resources when required.
The Solution Engineering Manager will also act as an evangelist of the organization to various internal stakeholders and create meaningful collaboration strategies to enable a team selling environment. With external customers, the Solution Engineering Manager will strive to build relationships with IT and Business executives.
The SE Manager should also recognize and appreciate the nuances of managing a combination of strategic and run-rate deals spread across a Public Sector Industry portfolio. Maintaining a high velocity while keeping an eye on the large strategic deals is key.
The SE Manager will establish a healthy communication cadence with the Public Sector Sales RVPs and AEs to ensure meaningful business reviews and proactively point out challenges in the territory. Participation and contribution to Account Planning sessions and Quarterly Business Reviews will also be required.
Candidate Will Possess
* strong analytic capabilities
* be organized and able to work many tasks at the same time
* be proficient with CRM technologies (or other Enterprise business applications)
* be able to present to a both business or technical audience
* be able to identify and articulate value
* support the Sales Engineering team by providing guidance on sales strategies,
* approaches to solve specific problems, as well as a represent their teams needs to Salesforce s executive staff
* be confident in communication to internal resources such as Product Marketing, Development, and Sales Management to gain commitment and support.
* have a genuine interest in developing careers of the SEs
* provide constructive feedback around skills and development
* Prior experience as a Solution Engineering Manager
* Prior CRM Solution Experience is desired
* Master / Bachelor’s degree preferred
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all