Are you an awesome Salesforce Admin looking to become a full-time, valued member of a team instead of a churn-and-burn consulting house? Are you looking to join a mission driven company where your contribution will be immediately utilized in our highly adopted Salesforce instance? If so, read on and apply, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We are on a mission to help local restaurants survive and thrive in these challenging times by powering branded online ordering for independent restaurants with a fairly priced subscription model; not sky-high per order commissions. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. Our mission became even more important in 2020 and we are expanding to support our operations even further in 2021. If this sounds like the kind of workplace and the kind of mission that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Salesforce Administrator, you will join our Business Systems team, using your expertise in the Salesforce platform to create solutions for ChowNow’s most important operational initiatives as we scale our mission to help local restaurants survive and thrive.
This role can be located at HQ in Los Angeles or remote in the Central or Western time zones. Reports to the Business Systems Director.
Specifically, you will:
- Use your Salesforce administration expertise to design and execute solutions for new strategic projects while supporting incoming production requests.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand their pain points and develop solutions in Salesforce and its ecosystem of integrations and installed packages.
- Support the migration to Lightning UI by proposing and implementing best in class Lightning sales and service console features that solve the most pressing operational pain points.
- Configure the Salesforce platform across standard and custom objects using advanced declarative development, process builder, data loader, and Lightning components.
- Triage production support requests and unblock issues impacting operations.
- Document, test, and demo your solutions in bi-weekly sprint reviews.
- Discover processes that can be automated to enrich the user experience for our end-users and customers, then design and execute elegant solutions.
- Support the development team by balancing out of the box declarative development with best practices for customization.
- Contribute as a valued team member to our culture of mutual respect, productivity, diversity, and continuous learning.
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Complete the ChowNow onboarding camp to gain a deep understanding of our mission, customers, and business.
- Shadow each stakeholder department, gaining an understanding of the ChowNow business workflow in Salesforce and our ecosystem of integrated applications.
- Begin attending regular prioritization and requirements meetings as part of the Business Systems team.
- Start contributing to sprints by completing your first declarative development tasks.
- Complete a deep dive review of our Salesforce customizations and end to end system flows.
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Participate as an active team member by taking ownership of enhancement requests in our bi-weekly sprints.
- Assume responsibility for production support at least one day a week by triaging issues and responding to users who need assistance.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the current state of Salesforce at ChowNow and take ownership of a functional area such as Sales automation, Service Console, or one of our highly adopted custom objects.
- Contribute to at least one strategic Salesforce project while demonstrating the completion of your first enhancements to stakeholders.
- Document and demo a solution(s) you’ve developed to our bi-weekly sprints.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Become a trusted partner to the business by solving some of the most common pain points causing friction for our users or customers.
- Contribute to the successful completion of Lightning migration.
- Own the end to end process for your assigned user stories; from requirements through unit testing and release.
- Work with stakeholders to solve at least one pain point in the Sales, Customer Support, or Growth Marketing process.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator, with a focus on Sales Optimization, Service Console and Lightning UI.
- You are a Certified Salesforce Administrator. (Advanced Admin, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and/or Community Cloud certifications preferred)
- You are an expert on Salesforce advanced process builder, flows, data management and Lightning components.
- You possess advanced skills in creating Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- You have demonstrated experience guiding Sales teams through internal processes in Salesforce.
- You are comfortable working directly with stakeholders to define and architect solutions that solve and help ChowNow scale.
- You love being part of a team but have the ability to work independently and autonomously.
- You have the ability to multitask and prioritize between the strategic and the urgent.
- You have experience with the varied ecosystem of Salesforce connected apps and integrations such as DocuSign, Stripe, NetSuite, RingDNA, Xactly, LeanData, etc.
- You have a strong desire to learn and advance your skills to developer or solution architect.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A “Best Place to Work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage – we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.