Sr. Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer (remote)
Company Description Watch here to see what it’s like to work at Red Wing Shoe Company.
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit family atmosphere that comes with being a privately-held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Focus on our employees and company culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring our People, Centering on our Customers, and Preserving the long term success and legacy of our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
Job Description Responsibilities
- Implement customizations to the Salesforce Commerce Cloud system by writing high quality, testable, and compliant code using software development best practices. Implement website layout/user interface design by using best practices for integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Estimate development effort during the different lifecycle phases. Collaborate with senior engineers and Architects on technical decisions. Communicate technical dependencies, blockers and risks to project stakeholders and management.
- Provide mentoring to team members on new technology and its application, coding best practices and general technology architecture. Provide valuable feedback on peers and evaluation of team performance. Identify potential team improvements and participate in team retrospectives.
- Work closely with business analysts, marketing, design, and product management to design and develop web-based solutions to meet the business needs. Communicate plans and design direction with the project manager, analysts and end users, when applicable. Create plans that fit the business needs while maintaining a stable development environment. Identify system and service requirements. Estimate the effort required to develop the plans. Actively participate in code/peer review, ceremonies and pre-development activities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Document solutions and troubleshooting tips for appropriate hand off to support roles in the organization for testing and post pilot support.
- Perform as a development lead when necessary, identifying, assigning, scheduling and monitoring work as required.
Qualifications Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field of study and 10-15 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One or more current Commerce Cloud certifications (DEV101 & Dev 201) – Developing on Commerce Cloud and DEV301 – Commerce Cloud Architecture).
- Two or more years of experience and a strong background and understanding of Commerce Cloud platform capabilities, architecture, design, and development. Experience in Salesforce Commerce Cloud development and implementations on SFRA.
- Experience with hands-on design, development of feature capabilities including setup and configurations within Commerce Cloud (SFCC Business Manager).
- Five or more years of experience in eCommerce focused responsive/cross browser compliant full stack development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with and integrating with APIs and 3rd party system integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS & WMS systems.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment where you have actively participated in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Experience with source control implementations and management, preferably GIT.
- Experience with front end unit testing frameworks, such as Jasmine.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Strong understanding of the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, Fraud Management and more is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with UI/UX design.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Leadership, influencing, strong written and verbal communications.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)